Sunday, February 12, 2006

Thanking new blogging buddies

With this little humble space being three weeks old today, I need to thank some folks for being so nice to me. First, I need to thank David Pinto of Baseball Musings . It was David who graciously posted an excerpt from my manuscript, and his continued posting of my ramblings have done much for this space. Pinto's becoming the Instapundit of baseball blogs. His recent recognition by Peter Gammons for his work, his attention to detail and his particular strength in statistics gives us all hope. Thank's Dave. Next, Matt Cerrone of Metsblog. Matt's publisher of what may indeed be the most popular Mets Blog out there. His advise and support have been invaluable. There are no greater Mets fans than Greg and Jason from Faith and Fear in Flushing. Man, those guys are serious fans. You'll have to check out Dave Murray's excellent Mets Guy in Michigan . Anyone who post a photo from a KISS concert and reverently refers to Ozzy Osbourne is my kind of guy. Metstradamus has frequently had my back when I've made dopey mistakes like referring to Aaron Heilman as Eric Heilman. ( Gee, did I even spell it right this time?) And Joe McDonald's NY Sports Day has given me an incredible forum in such a short period of time. You don't need to wait to pick up your paper at the bridge or tunnel anymore to get the story for the first time. Joe does it now! There are others I'm forgotten I'm sure, and thanks to you all!

3 Comments:

At 11:55 AM, Blogger Metstradamus said...

Thank YOU Bob. I thoroughly enjoy your blog.

 
At 5:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bob,
People I know ask me "How do I know you are Bob Sikes?" I tell them--what he writes about is the best answer I have. Not those he did this stuff and etc.

Good stuff,

Bill

 
At 12:02 PM, Blogger Mets Guy in Michigan said...

I thank you for the kind words! Loving every post. The Foster story was amazing, as fans we never get to see such things. Thank you for that window into the Mets' world.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home